Stretch marks usually appear during pregnancy when the body suffers transformations especially around the belly area and breasts, or during weight oscillations.
Most women get them on their belly, breasts, hips and thighs. Stretch marks do not represent a medical problem. They’re more of an aesthetic issue and once you get them it is best to embrace them and think of them as part of your body because there isn’t a remedy that can erase them completely. But you can however, blur them and improve their appearance.
If the stretch marks are red, which means that they’re new, you can get rid of them completely. But if they’re white that means that they’ve healed and you will not be able to completely treat them.
Here are 10 remedies which can help you deal with this problem:
- Aloe vera – mix aloe gel with 10 capsules of oily vitamin E and 5 capsules of vitamin A. Leave the treatment to act for 10 minutes before rinsing.
- Shea butter – it is rich in vitamin A and E, which are known to help in skin cells regeneration and improve circulation. Use it daily on the affected areas, especially after shower.
- Almond oil – it is rich in fatty acids and has powerful hydrating properties. It also rejuvenates the skin and has anti-inflammatory properties, as well. Use it daily.
- Cocoa butter – it is great against stretch marks, its amazing properties offering fantastic results after only 2 months of use. Use it daily.
- Avocado, almond oil and jojoba oil – in a bowl, mix half of a ripe avocado with 2 tablespoons of almond oil and 2 tablespoons of jojoba oil. You can also add a few drops of lavender essential oil to make it smell good. Rub the lotion on the affected areas and leave to act for at least 15 minutes before rinsing.
- Olive oil – use it daily and you will get results in a few weeks.
- Egg white and olive oil – eggs are rich in proteins and amino acids, which are essential for a healthy skin. Beat 2 egg whites and add a teaspoon or 2 of olive oil. Repeat the treatment every day for 2 weeks to see results.
- Potato juice – it is full of vitamins and minerals that have the power to regenerate skin cells. Apply the juice on the affected areas and leave to act until it dries before rinsing.
- Lemon and cucumber juice – Use it before showering and leave to act for at least 10 minutes.
- Sugar and almond oil – mix 1 tablespoon of white sugar with 2 tablespoons of almond oil and a few drops of lemon juice. Use it before showering and leave on for 10 minutes. For this treatment to work, use it daily for one month.