Putting on makeup on an acne-affected skin is not easy. Of course, you can apply a thick coating of foundation, but that doesn’t look good or natural. Here are a few tips and tricks to help you deal with this problem:
- When having acne the worst thing you can do is wearing makeup every day, all day. Try to avoid makeup as much as possible and let the skin breathe. For instance, during weekends, choose a high SPF cream instead of foundation.
- For the days when you choose not to wear makeup use efficient masks that target acne treating, more exactly which contain ingredients that dry off the pimples. You can make your own masks by using ingredients such as apple cider vinegar, lemon, baking soda and honey.
- Make sure you choose makeup items that are suitable for acne-affected skin such as a light primer and a special foundation which contains ingredients that help heal and treat acne.
- Before applying your makeup, make sure you apply moisturizer. If there is a cream recommended by your doctor don’t avoid it when putting your makeup. Apply that first and then everything else.
- Invest in high end products that can offer your skin a matte appearance. If you have oily skin, choose products that are based on water and not oils. Choose an efficient matte foundation and powder. The matter the better your skin will look and the better will mask you acne.
- To take attention from the skin problems, choose a powerful color for your lipstick. Also, make sure you highlight your eyes, as well. Choose colors such as purple, orange or red. Although a powerful makeup is recommended, make sure you’re careful with the dosage. You don’t want to end up looking like a clown.